Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sweet September

It is still ninety degrees outside but the leaves are slowly beginning to fall from the trees. Soon it will be jacket weather and the perfect time to go camping! I have one place in mind, but was hoping to get some suggestions from you guys. We don't want to be in a national forest or anyplace remote... (I think my days of truly roughing it are behind me) just a nice campground with bathrooms. Where can we go in the Ozarks to put up a tent and sit out under the stars by a fire?


In other news, a lizard is living in our basement. It's just a tiny skink. We have a lot of them at Chigger Chalet. They like to live under the wooden box planters where it is dark and moist. They are beautiful, and have neon blue and yellow coloring.


Skink


Mark opened the front door a few days ago and a skink ran inside. It bolted under the basement door and vanished. Penny sleeps in the basement...for the sake of the skink I hope she doesn't find it. She doesn't kill things intentionally, she just wants to play, but inevitably her wee friends die. I hope it can find a way out of the house. 


On Monday we held our second annual family Labor Day party. The weather was perfect and the family had a great time gathering together to eat, drink, and have one last summer hoorah. I saw a lot of people on the river over the holiday weekend and one group of guys in particular caught my eye. I was on the bridge headed home from party supply shopping when I noticed a couple of guys relaxing on a giant raft. There was no traffic behind me so I stopped and took a photo from my car. It wasn't the guys that caught my eye but the super cool lounge raft. I suppose I knew these things existed but most of the people we see on the Finley are either kayaking, canoeing, or in small jon boats. I now know what I want to get for next summer. I went online and researched some lounge rafts from different companies and these things are pretty rad. The larger ones seat four, have cup holders and an area to sit with your feet in the water. They are inflatable so it will be easy to store in the off season and haul from place to place. Anyway, that was my exciting discovery (rediscovery?) over the weekend. Any of you have one or been on one? The picture I took from the bridge had to be cropped quite a bit to see the raft, so it is pretty blurry, I think you can sort of get the idea though.


Lounge Raft


I'll go ahead and wrap this post up here. I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend! 


~ Love & Light ~





No comments:

Post a Comment